Monday, December 4, 2006

My favorite Christmas card this year



1990-2006 Images Copyright Stampin' Up!(r)

This is my favorite of all the Christmas cards I made this year. I got the idea from a Stampin' Up!(r) regional seminar so I can't claim it as a "Lesley original" but I still love it. I cut out the large and small poinsettias from a sheet of Holiday Thyme designer paper (sorry, this is no longer available - it was only in the Holiday Mini Catalog) and used the Versamarker on the petals. Then, I added Iridescent Ice embossing powder, tapped off the excess, and heated. I layered the small one on the larger one and voila! The rest of the card is Cranberry Crisp card stock, more Holiday Thyme paper, Always Artichoke card stock, gold embossing powder on the Season's Greetings image from SU! Many Merry Messages set, and some gold cord. Oh, and to pop up the poinsettia, I used a giant super sticky pop up glue dot. Those things are SO sticky put perfect for popping something up and securing ribbon at the same time.

I just love anything that sparkles. Glitter and sparkly embossing powder give that extra BLING that makes a card look more expensive. Not to mention that every time I'm done using glitter Cory loves to point out that I have glitter on my face. LOL!

No comments: