Monday, March 5, 2007

Wow! It's hard to believe it's been almost a month

Since I last posted to my blog. I've got to get my bee-hind in gear and post something. I've been so busy playing with my new obsession, my Bella stamps (http://www.stampingbella.com/) that I haven't done much other stamping. I feel a bit like a traitor using other stamps as a SU! demo, but it was bound to happen, right? It only took me seven years to venture outside the Idea Book & Catalog. :) These Bellas (adorable girls in all kinds of outfits representing all kinds of professions) are too cute!!! I promise to post a few Bella creations over the next few days. Just don't be surprised if you happen to get one of these cards in the mail!



Happy stamping! I promise to come back...soon.



(2 seconds later...)

Oooh, ooh, OOH! I just found one I can post right now. See...I said I'd come back soon. :) I stamped some American Crafts pink stripe background paper using SU!'s Love It in Chocolate Chip craft ink. Some of the flowers are graced with some pink bling from A'Muse. I used the SU! Paisley background stamp in Chocolate Chip classic ink on Chocolate Chip cs for the subtle pattern. Cakeabella (see...they all have these irresistible little names too!) has an apron on matching the pink stripe paper. You do this by stamping once on white cs, then stamping again on the background paper and only cutting out the images you want to layer on the "white" image. It's like the new version of paper dolls!!! I colored Cakeabella with Prismacolor pencils, odorless mineral spirits, and a blending stump (a.k.a. Magic Colored Pencil technique). This has already been sent to my friend so it's not ruining any surprises. Her b-day is tomorrow. Happy B-day, Angie!!!
Images Copyright Stampin' Up! 1990-2007 and Stamping Bella www.stampingbella.com

No comments: