Thursday, November 30, 2006

Holiday Traditions

I love hearing about other people's holiday traditions. This is a fun little questionnaire that will help you learn a little about my holiday traditions. Feel free to copy and paste into an email and send it to me. I'd love to hear more about you! hoosierstamper@gmail.com

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Mom and Dad wrapped and made some presents from Santa

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? White icicle on house, multi-colored on tree

4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.

5. When do you put your decorations up? Outside, around Thanksgiving when it’s not too cold. Inside, a week or so after Thanksgiving.

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Dad's breakfast on Christmas morning and step-dad’s ham

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Coming downstairs Christmas morning to a beautiful tree with piles of presents. Also tracking Santa’s progress on Christmas Eve.

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I honestly don’t remember.

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Now I open all of my presents at my mom and step-dad’s on Christmas Eve. As a kid I think I could open one, but that was it.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? Lots of multi-colored lights and a variety of ornaments.

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Somewhere in between. I love the look of it, but don’t like driving, walking, or jogging in it if it covers the sidewalks.

12. Can you ice skate? Not well.

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Wow, I’ve had so many over the years. I remember one I was TOTALLY psyched about – a Tiffany (late 80’s singer, not the jewelry) tape and walkman.

14. What's the most important thing about the holidays for you? Giving to others.

15. Favorite holiday movie? Elf

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to see the Nutcracker ballet here at Indiana University and making Christmas candy.

17. What tops your tree? An angel.

18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? They’re both fun in their own way. Nothing beats seeing the look on someone’s face when you give them a total surprise and they absolutely love it.

19. What is your favorite Christmas song? I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas – Gayla Peevey (1953)

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? Ok, but not great.

21. Stockings? Or no Stockings? I LOVE stockings! I love filling them for others too.

22. Do you like sledding? Not anymore. Loved it as a kid.

23. Farthest you've traveled for Christmas day? 50 miles to my dad’s house.

24. Do you leave out cookies or carrots for when Santa comes? Not anymore. I used to leave him a note with cookies and milk. I also left some lettuce and water for the reindeer in the backyard.

25. What gets you into the holiday spirit? Decorating and listening to Christmas music.

26. Do you wrap all of your gifts in the same paper? No way! I love the variety.

27. Favorite gift you've ever given? Hmm…can’t think of anything right now.

28. Most fun holiday memory? Going to see a theatrical production of A Christmas Carol with my mom and dad.

29. Do you wrap your own gifts? I wrap all of the gifts I give to people. I also used to wrap all the ones my step-dad bought for my mom. LOL!

30. Most missed memory from childhood Christmas? The anticipation of seeing the beautiful tree on Christmas morning.

No comments: